Ink Circle Stitchers

Do you have quite a few Ink circle designs in your stash? Are you after encouragement to finish your Ink Circles design? What ever the design you have come and join. Would you like to do a Stitch along? But don't know anyone to do one with. If you would like to contribute to this blog just email me and I will add you to the authors list. If anyone has emailed me about joining this blog, and you have not yet received an invite please let me know. Or check your Junk mail folder.
This Blog was started 23 September 2008

Tuesday, 27 March 2012

I Still Do as of 27th March 2012

This is my second post, the first being my introduction.  So this is the secret project I am working on that I haven't been able to share with anyone.  It is for my parents 40th wedding anniversary in August 2013.  I am stitching on 22 count white hardanger, 3 over 1 tent stitch.  I've changed the colours from reds to blues and purples, here are my progress pictures so far.




8 comments:

Tanya2 said...

This is gorgeous! Would love to know the fiber you are using for the initials; it is just lovely.

Pat said...

Wow -your parents will be pleasantly surprised in August.

Lou said...

You've made really good progress on this - Its gorgeous - and the colours are lovely!

Nic said...

Thanks for your comments. Tanya the variegated thread for the initials is DMC 4220.

Lizzy Pizzy said...

Welcome aboard Nic and thanks for sharing you progress pics with us (don't worry - we won't tell anyone you're moonlighting over here with a secret project...)
I have used the dmc 4220 before and am interested to see that it looks very different stitched in your project. Perhaps it is a combo of your fabric colour and using tent stitch. Looks really lovely anyway - great overall colour choices.
Liz x

Mary said...

It is so beautiful. I really love the colors.

Handmade Redhead said...

Beautiful work! I love the colors you have chosen.

Tanya2 said...

Thanks Nic! Looked through my stash and lo and behold found a skein of 4220 so I think I will play with it a bit this weekend. Also never adapted a cross stitch pattern to tent stitch but am inspired to do so by your work, so I will find an ornie pattern and do that as well :-) PS - love your blog