Ink Circle Stitchers

Do you have quite a few Ink circle designs in your stash? Are you after encouragement to finish your Ink Circles design? What ever the design you have come and join. Would you like to do a Stitch along? But don't know anyone to do one with. If you would like to contribute to this blog just email me and I will add you to the authors list. If anyone has emailed me about joining this blog, and you have not yet received an invite please let me know. Or check your Junk mail folder.
This Blog was started 23 September 2008

Wednesday, 31 August 2011

August Finish and New Start

Hi all - lots to say here since I missed July. Sadly I could have posted for July but had camera problems. Luckily that was only the second month I missed so I have to stay on the ball for the rest of the year!

So here is my June progress on Pot Luck. I need to correct my previous post re: the thread color; this is actually Carrie's "Black Cherries." Also just as a refresher - this is 1 over 1 on 28 ct Irish Linen.
And here's my finish for August! It's not framed yet, as I plan to wait until I have several of the small designs done and then get them all framed in coordinating yet different frames and hang them together as a montage. The colors in the June picture are truer to life than the below; I am still getting the hang of digital photography.


Last but certainly not least here is my new start - this is Pizzazz on 28 ct Cashel "Gravestone" from Stitches and Spice, 2 over 2 using HDF Plumage. This floss is so beautiful; I wish everyone could see it IRL. And I don't know what base VC uses for her silks, but it is so far of all the ones I have tried my absolute favorite. It is so smooth, doesn't twist or kink - ab fab!


That's it for me...looking forward to seeing more of everyone's beautiful work in September!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Lovely finish well done Tanya beautiful colour. I've never used VC threads but think I must try them soon. Look forward to seeing your new start grow.

Rachael xxx said...

Oh I do like that finish!!
Look forward to seeing more of your Pizzazz

Rachael xxx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lizzy Pizzy said...

Pot Luck finished up very nicely Tanya. I have just finished another [non IC] project over 1 on 28 count linen - I must say I love the look but wish I discovered 'over 1' stitching a couple of years ago when my eyes could have coped better - LOL.
I think I might join you in stitching Pizzazz, will look through my stash and see what I can find...
Liz x