Ink Circle Stitchers

Do you have quite a few Ink circle designs in your stash? Are you after encouragement to finish your Ink Circles design? What ever the design you have come and join. Would you like to do a Stitch along? But don't know anyone to do one with. If you would like to contribute to this blog just email me and I will add you to the authors list. If anyone has emailed me about joining this blog, and you have not yet received an invite please let me know. Or check your Junk mail folder.
This Blog was started 23 September 2008

Wednesday, 3 February 2010

A Finished Growth Rings




Here is my finished Growth Rings. Done on 25ct black Lugana in Anchor 187 and 1345 so it has come out quite large. That said, it is not quite as large as the redwood trunk Tracy suggested - yes I have seen how big they really grow as I was taken to Armstrong Woods in California and have seen mature redwoods!
I'm still working on how to finish this but I'm veering towards a wall hanging/quilt but I need to find some complementary colours. The actual colour of the thread is somewhere between vibrant teal and turquoise but due to the limitations of digital photography the colour has been washed out.
I'll admit that I am an IC junkie and this is my 12th finish - Sea Stars, Garden Stars, Hawaii, Peregrinations, Much Heralded, Tanglewood, Xmas Beasties, Alchemical Romance (twice), Second Chances and Quackworth. Next IC start will be Dutch Beast, this week if I ever decide on a fabric!
Rosanne

8 comments:

Kim said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors.

And a double on congrats on how many you have finished--I'm envious and impressed :)

Branlaadee said...

Rosanne, it's beautiful. You did a wonderful job and there's no way it could be as big as a redwood. LOL

Rachael said...

That is amazing!!
I would love to see finished pics of all your others

claire93 said...

this is simply gorgeous - such stunning colours on black - well done !!

Tracy said...

Beautiful colours well done on your finish, that is quite a list of Happy Dances xx

totallythreadup said...

Stunning colours it looks fabulous!

Karan said...

What a fabulous finish. Love the colours - they just pop on the black fabric. Enjoy the HD. :0)

Hazel said...

Looks stunning on the black! x