Ink Circle Stitchers

Do you have quite a few Ink circle designs in your stash? Are you after encouragement to finish your Ink Circles design? What ever the design you have come and join. Would you like to do a Stitch along? But don't know anyone to do one with. If you would like to contribute to this blog just email me and I will add you to the authors list. If anyone has emailed me about joining this blog, and you have not yet received an invite please let me know. Or check your Junk mail folder.
This Blog was started 23 September 2008

Wednesday, 24 February 2010

February progress - Cirque des Cercles



Even though I only posted my first photo a few days ago, I thought I'd put this one up for you. It's actually closer to what I had done when I first posted, but I hadn't taken a new picture yet. Plus, several of you were nice enough to comment and also asked what colors I was using, so I thought I'd share that too. I don't think the lighting from my iPhone photo really is very helpful, especially for the fabric. It's Lakeside Linens Vintage Autumn Gold, which is much more yellow than this photo makes it look.
The orange circle outlines are Needlepoint Silk "pumpkin range" #866; the green frame and center circle are Caron Collection Soie Cristale #5060; the golden circle outlines are Dinky Dyes #113 "Cobar"; the dark reddish circle outlines are DMC 815. The variegated fill for all the circles is Caron Collection Wildflowers #010 "Fiesta". I still have to work out the color placement for the small filler circles, which is why I haven't done any of them yet! Thanks for your comments!

4 comments:

Branlaadee said...

This is going to be so pretty when you are done!

jane said...

A great start - it looks as though it is going to be gorgeous

Rachael said...

Gorgeous!!

Karan said...

Fabulous piece! :0)