Ink Circle Stitchers

Do you have quite a few Ink circle designs in your stash? Are you after encouragement to finish your Ink Circles design? What ever the design you have come and join. Would you like to do a Stitch along? But don't know anyone to do one with. If you would like to contribute to this blog just email me and I will add you to the authors list. If anyone has emailed me about joining this blog, and you have not yet received an invite please let me know. Or check your Junk mail folder.
This Blog was started 23 September 2008

Wednesday, 30 December 2009


Hi Tanya here, and I have just started Cerque des Triangles, I'm not sure my fabric choice and thread colour are the best match. I absolutely love my choices Sparklies, Sparkingly bonkers hand dyed fabric along with Threadworx dreamscape thread. I'm just not sure the thread shows up enough on the fabric but I am going to stitch a bit more and see if it looks better when the triangles fill out.
What do you all think should I change my thread colour or keep going and see how it goes?

11 comments:

totallythreadup said...

Hi Tanya, I'm also stitching CDT, my first Ink Circles design and am halfway through although I did have to totally unpick my first attempt! What I would do would be to stitch the whole of the first triangle to get a better idea of how it is going to look. Hope this helps. Sheila

Hazel said...

On looking at what you have stitched so far the thread doesn't show up that well on the fabric. It depends on whether you wana more muted look or you want those triangles to stand out more. I made loads and LOADS of mistakes on my cdc which is prob why I am struggling so much to stitch it now! I would get a few different threads and lay them out across the fabric and see which looks best. I'd perhaps go for a lighter shade and one with less variance in it but that's just me ;-)xx

Rachael said...

Hi Tanya*Waves*
I do love that fabric, but if it was me, I would stitch a bit more so I could get a better perspective of the true colour combination. Maybe a lighter colour thread if it isn't quite the look you were after.

too_busy_to_stitch said...

I love the fabric AND the thread, but like you, I'm not sure of them combined together? Maybe you will get a better feel for it if you stitch a little more.

mollycaff said...

I love the fabric colour, but agree with the other comments, stitch at least a full triangle before you make a decision so you get the full effect of how the variance in the thread looks.

tanyastitches said...

Thanks everyone, I am going to continue for now and if its not right I will look for a more vibrant green maybe one that isn't variagated.

Tracy said...

I love the fabric you have chosen, I also have a thing for sparklie fabric I'm stitching my BSFG on lurex, it is hard to tell not looking at the fabric IRL but would you not be better trying maybe a sightly paler shade of thread and I agree with Hazel maybe because your fabric is busy go for a single or less varied thread colour maybe something like Carrie's Lilac or Threadworx's baby blue eyes. Anyway before I get to carried away it is looking lovely so far, Happy New Year xx

Tanyastitches said...

I've unpicked it and am going to look for another thread it just wasn't showing the design enough.
So watch this space LOL

Karan said...

Glad you got the colour thing sorted. Much better to swap the thread rather than the fabric - love it! Looking forward to seeing your restart & watching it develop. :0)

Hazel said...

Tracy is REALLY good at picking colours for stuff. I would def look up her ideas lol. xx

Lexi said...

I think you're right to switch and it is good you figured it out sooner rather than later. The fabric is wonderful, but that fibre just doesn't complement it too well for some reason. Maybe a brighter green compared with your current more aqua? thread, or even pure white would look amazing. Black might be nice, a little more subtle albeit than white would LOL. can't wait to see it. I'm working on CDT with HDF Dragon Blood on ant. white fabric. I love the pattern!