Ink Circle Stitchers

Do you have quite a few Ink circle designs in your stash? Are you after encouragement to finish your Ink Circles design? What ever the design you have come and join. Would you like to do a Stitch along? But don't know anyone to do one with. If you would like to contribute to this blog just email me and I will add you to the authors list. If anyone has emailed me about joining this blog, and you have not yet received an invite please let me know. Or check your Junk mail folder.
This Blog was started 23 September 2008

Saturday, 16 May 2009

Greetings from California


I just joined the blog today. I have been a big fan of Ink Circles for a couple of years now. I own a very large number of their charts. I wont bore you with the complete list.

Last year I finished Cirque des Cercles and had it framed. I absolutely love it. It is stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Lugana in "Leather" by Stab and Stash. The floss is "Fish Pepper 4431" (main color) and an old version of "Fire Dragon" by Hand Dyed Fibers.

I am currently working on Blackstone Fantasy Garden and Tanglewood.


BFG is stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct linen in "Fairydust" using the recommended Carrie's Creation threads.


Tanglewood is being stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Jobelan in "Bluebell". I am using the DMC conversion for the threads. Since it is being stitched on blue fabric I decided to do the cloud in B5200. I havent decided on a color for the leaves yet as there was no conversion to DMC on the list. I have a stash of about 10 different hand dyed flosses that I am testing.

I am currently getting ready to start Cirque des Carreaux. I will be doing this one 2 over 2 so the size matches my CDC. I have picked out a 28ct Cashel linen in "Meadow Mist". I am not completely sure about the floss yet. I do know that I want to use Hand Dyed Fibers "Old Maid of the Forest"...which is so much prettier in person than the picture on her site. I have a few other solid colors on order from her at the moment that I want to check out before my final decision. This is my preliminary floss toss. "Old Maid of the Forest" and "Jadeite 2471".



Well, that's all I have going at the moment. There are a few more screaming out to me and I am not sure how much longer I can keep putting them off. I'll let you all know when they get started too!

Brandy

5 comments:

Karan said...

Welcome, Brandy. :0)
CdeC is a stunner. BFG was my first IC design & I love it - will enjoy watching yours develop. Love your choices for Tanglewood, another one I'll enjoy watching develop & can't wait to see your CdeCx start. :0)

Branlaadee said...

Thanks, Karen! I cant wait to start my CdeCx and see how it goes too. LOL

Rachael said...

Welcome to the blog Brandy
CdeC does look fabulous, and Blackstone and tanglewood look great!Look forward to seeing your progress on Cirque des Carreaux and the others.

Branlaadee said...

Thank you for having me, Rachael. I look forward to seeing everyone else's progress too.

karine said...

ohhh it's very great
I like it