Ink Circle Stitchers

Do you have quite a few Ink circle designs in your stash? Are you after encouragement to finish your Ink Circles design? What ever the design you have come and join. Would you like to do a Stitch along? But don't know anyone to do one with. If you would like to contribute to this blog just email me and I will add you to the authors list. If anyone has emailed me about joining this blog, and you have not yet received an invite please let me know. Or check your Junk mail folder.
This Blog was started 23 September 2008

Thursday, 21 May 2009

Cirque Des Triangles - Week 1

Hello everyone and thank you for letting me join your group. I look forward to getting to know you and seeing your progress as the weeks go by. I think this blog is a great idea as you get to see the different designs being stitched in a variety of differnt coloured threads and fabrics and I know I wil want to stitch a lot more of these designs once I see them!

I started stitching my first Ink Circle design last Saturday (May 16)and am stitching Cirque des Triangles on 28 count linen using Carrie's Creations hand-dyed floss Mojave Fire. It started well but I stitched the bottom part of the larger triangle and realised I had miscounted by one stitch and had to unpick the lot. I've quickly leart to concentrate and recount my stitches as there is no way of "hiding" an error. I love the symmetrical design but I think this is bring out my OCD tendancy as I want to complete each side before putting it down ;)

Here is a pic of what I have done so far




Hope to have loads more progress to show you next time.

Sheila

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Welcome Sheila, It is always a pain when we have to reverse stitch!! Great progress though!

Branlaadee said...

Welcome Sheila! I hate frogging too! At least you caught it early. I have been hoping to see someone stitch something with Carrie's Mojave Fire. I loved it when I first saw it. You are doing great. I cant wait to see your next update.

Lisa said...

Welcome Sheila, I love the colour of thread you're using, it looks great.
look forward to seeing this one as it progresses

Karan said...

Welcome Sheila. :0)
Not a fan of reverse stitching either! Lovely piece & gorgeous thread colour - looking forward to seeing further updates. :0)